Sunday, June 6, 2010

Caught in a Quagmire

So I've resisted the urge to get too personal so far in the history of this blog, but I've always found writing to be a tad bit therapeutic, so here goes some self therapy.
It's always easy to find fault in others but self introspection is a road less travelled by most people, been doing that for the past few days and my findings were both scary and hopeful, mostly scary though.
I've had the opportunity of meeting some awesome women in my life so far (some fillers too), and I've been wondering why I always seem to keep the fillers longer. I like and love hard, I can say I've only felt the latter for 2 people, don't really talk to one as often as I should and I speak to the other a little too often.
I recently had the unfortunate opportunity of feeling an emotion that I usually inflict on others, being in limbo. Met a wonderful individual that to me was both beautiful inside and out, didn't really want to convey too much mushiness to her as she was what I considered a strong willed and pragmatic individual, I didn't really see her as the emotional type. The time spent was short-lived though as everything ended as abruptly as it began. Why it ended will forever be a mystery to me as I find myself asking, what if?
I'm beginning to think I have too much faith in certain people, yet I ask for them to have none in me. Making time for those I care for has never been my strong suit, and I was told by an older friend a few years back that as I got older it would change, but here I am in the 24th year of my life and I'm still as selfish as ever.
I will stop here as I've started rambling, things might be a little too fresh to fully evaluate, but this was helpful nonetheless........

No comments: